This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

No HTTP respond
Hi,

Suddenly, my LM is no longer responding in HTTP requests for opening the visualization or configuration pages.
Pinging the LM IP is responding normally and the scripts I can confrim that also working (i.e. I can receive email notifications on some actions)
Is there a way to try to login another way (telnet etc) in order to try to reboot the LM or I have to do a hard reset (power of)?
Is there any danger to corrupt my configuration??
Thank you in adv.
Hi,

I had this issue 1 time, and was unable to make it work again expect by doing a power off.

Corruption data is very unlikely to happend, the only thing that came to my mind will be data loss if you have trends. I think it's 5min between saves on the memory.
Hi,

Auto save of trend every 5 minutes is to RAM, the actaul save to SD is as far as i know every 30 minutes.

Depending on the moment of power down it can be max 30 minutes you lose.

This only is the case when there are no other issues causing the http fail to respond, when there is a script or something causing this you might have no trend data from the moment the non responding issue started. No way to tell when you can't see the controller data.

Power down won't make anything different then it already is.

BR,

Erwin
Might be an SD-card issue, if you still haven't rebooted the device then please contact us via e-mail for further assistance. If remote access is possible then we might be able to backup the data.
(07.12.2016, 10:52)admin Wrote: Might be an SD-card issue, if you still haven't rebooted the device then please contact us via e-mail for further assistance. If remote access is possible then we might be able to backup the data.

I tried to reset the device through the on-board button (little push switch near the power LEDs) but I got a red LED and no reboot. Then I had to remove the power cables to do a complete power cycle, and only then the device got back to normal operation, but I lost several hours of trend recoding, all other things seem to be intact.

This is strange as I had no issues so far and this was the first time this happened.

If it is an SD-card issue, how can I check it? Is there any specific logs to search for? Is there any other check procedure to perform in order to identify what cause this problem so I will prevent it from happening again?

Thanks
Hi There,

This post isn't really new, but I got exactly the same behavior.

The LM is responding well to ping, but I have no access to any apps, the KNX gateway isn't responding too

I tried to reset the LM (push button) but didnt changed anyting.
Any idea how i can troubleshoot that ?
As mentioned earlier this is probably caused by the micro SD card corruption.
(04.01.2021, 13:13)admin Wrote: As mentioned earlier this is probably caused by the micro SD card corruption.

OK and can we solve it ?
Replace it and reflash
https://openrb.com/reflash-logicmachine3...-software/
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
I often stumbled upon the word SD card in the forum, but where is it. Did I miss something in the manual? Or do not all LM models have an SD card?
All of them have it and it is inside. In LM5 you can open top cover to get to it, all the old ones need the housing to be dismounted.
Ctrl+F5
Hi,
It's been a while that something similar happens to me if I access the LM remotely through Https. I can connect and work perfectly, but after a while, it usually happens that it does not load the configuration, I access the page but it does not load the objects and the connection is automatically lost.

I have other computers and I can access without problem, but LM takes a few minutes without connection. I rule out a possible downfall of the network in that sense.

This only happens remotely, locally I don't have that feeling.

Now I did tests for Http, and so far without problems.

Is that also a symptom of SD?
If it works locally then it is not HW. Check for any errors in the browser console while having it.
Ctrl+F5
This have also happened to me. I have seen from time to time, not often, more like once a year that it hangs and does not respond to anything. A power cycle usually takes care fo the problem.

However this time it is probably more severe. I have a reactor v3 and I tried to use it as a gateway for ets5 to try to program my knx switches. There was no response in ETS so I tried to change the config in IP routing or IP tunnelling, dont remember now which one it was.

when I rebooted I can ping it and the automation works like before. My lights turns on and off at the correct times during the day.

I tried to reset networking and managed to do that but HTTP didnt respond anyway. I am reluctant to do a full hardware reset because I cannot find my backup.

Any other way to access it? Have tried SSH but that didnt work either.

Do I need to flash the SD card if it exist in my unit?
You can try using another SD card to check whether the HTTP server starts working. You can copy all files from the last partition from old to new SD card using Linux to restore your current project.
(29.03.2021, 06:32)admin Wrote: You can try using another SD card to check whether the HTTP server starts working. You can copy all files from the last partition from old to new SD card using Linux to restore your current project.

So you are suspecting a corrupt sd card? What size is it so that I can buy a new card before prying the box open.

I have found some files that is called reactor*.img. Can that be the backup file?
.img are firmware files. SD card can be from 1GB to 32GB. We recommend using industrial cards or at least card marked "high endurance". We do not recommend Kingston cards.
(29.03.2021, 12:16)admin Wrote: .img are firmware files. SD card can be from 1GB to 32GB. We recommend using industrial cards or at least card marked "high endurance". We do not recommend Kingston cards.

Thats noted.
What are the backup files called? I can run a scan to see if I can find them.
Backups are stored as .tar.gz archives.
I bought a new card. Followed the procedure for reflashing, but thought I could try to backup and restore the old card onto the new through usbit first.

Did this and the reactor came up with everything empty. I  then tried the old card and actually it booted up and the http server responded. everything seems to be working fine now and I have managed to run a backup.

I am now wondering if I should put the recovery image onto the new card and then restore from backup or just leave it be like it is?