This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Block scene button
Hello guys!!!
I need your help!!
We have a rental villa and the customers constantly pressing the scene buttons like crazy!
So imagine the mess that is happening.
What i was thinking about is:
For example if i press the summer home button the other 3 scenes to start a countdown of 1min that could not be able to press them until the time expires. Or when the summer home button is pressed, the first telegrams would be block command of the 3 other scenes. the last telegrams would be the unblock commands of the ither scenes.
Any ideas?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You could use a virtual object that activates instantly and deactivates at the end that triggers a custom javascript that makes the button non clickable.

Assign an additional class to the objects that you want to block so whenever you activate one of the scenes the other buttons are blocked until the end.

This could be one of the options I think.
Instead of 4 different objects you can use a single 1 byte object to switch between modes.
(29.06.2022, 06:54)Kilogica Wrote: You could use a virtual object that activates instantly and deactivates at the end that triggers a custom javascript that makes the button non clickable.

Assign an additional class to the objects that you want to block so whenever you activate one of the scenes the other buttons are blocked until the end.

This could be one of the options I think.

Thank you very much Kilogica for your reply. Do you have the script for the non clickable button?

(29.06.2022, 07:10)admin Wrote: Instead of 4 different objects you can use a single 1 byte object to switch between modes.

Yes but the result will be the same. They will keep pressing the mode button without tomorrow...
See this thread

it should work for your needs, basically you want to do the same without making the button disappear.

I think that you'll have also to let the user know that something is going on, maybe you can add a disclaimer or something similar.

Otherwise users will call you because "something is broken, I can't push the button"  Smile