This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Alexa Amazon Control
Hi! 

I want to buy echo dot and I need to know:

1. Is possible to control shutters? I have only seen turn on, turn off, dimm.. Can I say to Alexa: Alexa up the window? 
2. I want to buy more than one echo dot. I want to control all the house from every echo dot. Can I say: Alexa turn on Suite Mirror Lamp and Alexa turn on Suite Table Lamp? Or she will get confused? Have you tested it?
3. Can i send requests to alexa via scripts? For example: When someone is using LM Web and changing Temperature i want Alexa says something.

Lot of Thanks!
(19.09.2017, 22:00)adiaz Wrote: Hi! 

1. Is possible to control shutters? I have only seen turn on, turn off, dimm.. Can I say to Alexa: Alexa up the window? 
2. I want to buy more than one echo dot. I want to control all the house from every echo dot. Can I say: Alexa turn on Suite Mirror Lamp and Alexa turn on Suite Table Lamp? Or she will get confused? Have you tested it?
3. Can i send requests to alexa via scripts? For example: When someone is using LM Web and changing Temperature i want Alexa says something.

Lot of Thanks!
Hi

The limitations of commands are coming from Amazon side. They predefined range of commands and we can use only what they are allowing us to do so.
1. You can say Turn On Bedroom shutters  or you can say Set bedroom shutters to 100% 
2. This is OK you must gave a friendly name to each device and you must call it each time you want to control it.  I have 6 different groups. Alexa voice recognition is very good and you could trigger another Alexa from different room Smile
3. No this is not possible today. Amazon didn't create such possibility.  They keep working on evolution of it, hopefully we will be able to do it soon.
BR
(20.09.2017, 08:43)morak Wrote:
(19.09.2017, 22:00)adiaz Wrote: Hi! 

Lot of Thanks!
Hi

The limitations of commands are coming from Amazon side. They predefined range of commands and we can use only what they are allowing us to do so.
1. You can say Turn On Bedroom shutters  or you can say Set bedroom shutters to 100% 
2. This is OK you must gave a friendly name to each device and you must call it each time you want to control it.  I have 6 different groups. Alexa voice recognition is very good and you could trigger another Alexa from different room Smile
3. No this is not possible today. Amazon didn't create such possibility.  They keep working on evolution of it, hopefully we will be able to do it soon.
BR

Thanks Morak.

Do you know if Amazon is going to add comands for shutter control?
Do you know if they are going to add some more feature?

Where do you get info about developing of alexa?

Thanks!!
Hi,

I try with others KNX - Alexa voice controlers and I can say Alexa open shutter or Alexa close shutter (not only by percentage) and alexa recognice this devices as shutters (with shutter icon). But with logic machine I can´t do it.

I've seen that the app has been updated recently but nothing.

Shutters can't be controlled this way?

Thanks
+1 to control shutter/shades from Alexa correct possibility
Alexa went too way far from current LM implementation and added many others types of devices
Even today there is no official skill for Open/Close. There is custom way of implementation with using semantics which has some limitations. We will look on to it now while porting Alexa to new cloud.
Official docs...
https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/...-apis.html
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Semantics is what I and every others need.
But, due to restriction I think it is OK to add option device "Shades" instead of implementing Generic controller interface with optional Mode, Range, Toggle and "open", "close", "raise", "lower", hunches, announcement semantics.