This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Modbus Mapper refresh not working
I'm experiencing a problem with the Modbus mapper and my SMA inverter.

I have been able to load a correct profile for 1 register and map it to a knx object.
Poll interval is set at 10seconds. I see that the KNX object is correctly updated a first time. However, any changes afterwards are not refreshed in the KNX object.

Is there anything else that I would need to investigate? If I remove the mapping and create a new one, the value gets written again only once.

Anybody any clue?

regards,
Joost
Post your profile and also check if there are entries in Error log.
Hi Admin,
I found the issue. the inverter still had a DHCP address which actually changed during my tests. as a result the modbus tcp connection failed. With a fixed IP the problem is resolved.

I will post my full sma profile once I added the other registers (currently only defined 1 for test).
regards,
Joost
Hi,
I wrote here because I have the same problem. I am usign RTU Modbus system. Profile is the one below:

{
"manufacturer":"France Air",
"description":"Ventilazione Meccanizzata",
"mapping":[
{"name":"System Power","bus_datatype":"1","datatype":"bool","type":"coil","address":0,"writable":true},
{"name":"Boost","bus_datatype":"1","datatype":"bool","type":"coil","address":9,"writable":true},
{"name":"Temperatura Air Fresh","bus_datatype":"9","datatype":"int16","type":"register","address":529,"writable":"false"},
{"name":"Temperatura Air Return","bus_datatype":"9","datatype":"int16","type":"register","address":530,"writable":"false"},
{"name":"Temperatura Air Supply","bus_datatype":"9","datatype":"int16","type":"register","address":531,"writable":"false"},
{"name":"Velocità","bus_datatype":"8","datatype":"uint16","type":"register","address":779,"writable":"true"},
{"name":"Temperatura Air Exhaust","bus_datatype":"9","datatype":"int16","type":"register","address":532,"writable":"false"}
]
}

Everything is fine the first time when I set the profile then it seems data are not refreshed. In Error log there is nothing about modbus. When I test the RTU reading variable is good.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

[attachment=1184 Wrote:Domoticatorino pid='11456' dateline='1547484820']Hi,
I wrote here because I have the same problem. I am usign RTU Modbus system. Profile is the one below:

{
"manufacturer":"France Air",
"description":"Ventilazione Meccanizzata",
"mapping":[
{"name":"System Power","bus_datatype":"1","datatype":"bool","type":"coil","address":0,"writable":true},
{"name":"Boost","bus_datatype":"1","datatype":"bool","type":"coil","address":9,"writable":true},
{"name":"Temperatura Air Fresh","bus_datatype":"9","datatype":"int16","type":"register","address":529,"writable":"false"},
{"name":"Temperatura Air Return","bus_datatype":"9","datatype":"int16","type":"register","address":530,"writable":"false"},
{"name":"Temperatura Air Supply","bus_datatype":"9","datatype":"int16","type":"register","address":531,"writable":"false"},
{"name":"Velocità","bus_datatype":"8","datatype":"uint16","type":"register","address":779,"writable":"true"},
{"name":"Temperatura Air Exhaust","bus_datatype":"9","datatype":"int16","type":"register","address":532,"writable":"false"}
]
}

Everything is fine the first time when I set the profile then it seems data are not refreshed. In Error log there is nothing about modbus. When I test the RTU reading variable is good.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Sorry but in Modbus Error Log system send the message enclosed.

Thank you for your help.

BR

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok, problem solved.

Being an Homelynk by Schneider, support sent me update patch need for the last firmware 2.3.

Thanks

BR