This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LogicMachine to link several buildings using only KNXnet/IP tunneling protocol
Hi Everyone:

I have a project with 10 knx lines, and inside each line I have connected an IPS/S 3.1.1 from abb, and all connected to and network switch. My question is: Can I get information from each knx lines using KNXnetIP tunneling with one logicmachine?? I dont want to connect the logicMachine in one of the KNX lines, in deed, I don want to use the TP knx connector in logicmachine, all connection must be IP.

The gol is use the logic machine to get humity information from diferents buildings, calculate certains parameters using specific formules and send back information each building using only KNXNetip tunneling protocol. I don want and I can not use routing because each building is in a separated network all aroud the world...

Is there any option to get information from diferents KNX Lines only using KNXnetIp tunneling protocol???.

best regards
LM can only connect to a single gateway via tunneling. The only option for multiple devices on the same network is to use routers which support multicast.
(07.02.2018, 13:47)admin Wrote: LM can only connect to a single gateway via tunneling. The only option for multiple devices on the same network is to use routers which support multicast.

Thank you very much ..
Is there any implementation or library of the KNXNetIP tunneling protocol to get and send data from an LogicMachine to several devices KNXNetIP like IPS/S 3.1.1?.
We have ModbusTCP, BacnetIP, Http, DMX libraries, but we dont have any way to comunicate by KNXNetIP with severals  KNXIP devices, Why???, Is it technically posible??.  Sorry for my insistence.
Best regards, Roger
(01.12.2020, 11:02)batistacaceres Wrote: Is there any implementation or library of the KNXNetIP tunneling protocol to get and send data from an LogicMachine to several devices KNXNetIP like IPS/S 3.1.1?.
We have ModbusTCP, BacnetIP, Http, DMX libraries, but we dont have any way to comunicate by KNXNetIP with severals  KNXIP devices, Why???, Is it technically posible??.  Sorry for my insistence.
Best regards, Roger

Interested on this question. Any news about that?
that would be great!! Is there any future improvement in this area?
No
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5