This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Restart LM through script
Every once in a while my LM visualization freezes and I have to manually restart the LM. After restarting everything works fine again. 

I have no idea yet what the problem might but in the meanwhile I would like to restart the LM automatically periodicaly. Is there a way to perform this action with a script? 

Thank you.
Can you describe what happens in more detail? You cannot access the visualization completely or new object values are not received? Also, which firmware are you using?
(20.11.2018, 11:56)admin Wrote: Can you describe what happens in more detail? You cannot access the visualization completely or new object values are not received? Also, which firmware are you using?

I am using LM5p_DW1 with firmware Versión: 20170620 . 

The LM is still working and sending KNX telegrams, however, it is not updating its values with new telegrams. It happens, in average, once every month. A restart is enough to get it working properly again. 

Any suggestions?
Try installing 2018 RC1 firmware.
(29.11.2018, 12:12)admin Wrote: Try installing 2018 RC1 firmware.

Where can I find it? 

I have not been able to find it in the firmwares page
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=1562
Hey,
But it's possible restart de LM with an scheduled script?
While this is possible it does not solve the underlying issue. Why do you need to reboot the device?
Just to know and try it
(30.01.2019, 16:30)rogerabit Wrote: Just to know and try it

os.execute("reboot")

but still you should find real reason for your issue.  Be careful with it as you may end up it permanent reboot loop if you use it wrong.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5