This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Scene can survive its own object deletion
Hello
I'm afraid I've found a bug.
Scene can survive deleting of its own triggering object. And when the previously deleted group object is back (doesn't matter it has now different meaning, name, datatype etc) the object is connected to the newly created object.
This is dangerous and unexpected behavior.

How to repeat this bug:
1. Create new object 7/6/55 data type switch named "scenes bug test"
2. Create new scene triggered by 7/6/55 named "scenes bug test scene"
3. Delete 7/6/55
4. Create new object 7/6/55 data type date named "scenes bug test"

Now you can see in your scenes screen "scenes bug test scene" has trigger object 7/6/55
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
Hi,

This is not a bug, everything in the controller works like that, if you remove a object that is attached to a script or visu element and recreate the object it's also attached to the script or visu object again.

BR,

Erwin
OK but you can't create new script without group object or tag. Group object address desn't disappear from the script you had created before you deleted the object.
On the other side:
You can create a new scene without triggering group object.
Scene created with triggering group object which has been deleted looks like scene without group object. Already deleted group object address disappears from triggering object field of the scene. So you don't expect anything wrong.
And as I wrote above: After you re-create the previously deleted object scene get connected to this object.
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
Rare case but yes you are right.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5