This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

DALI RS485 Gateway
Hi!

I have 2 pcs of https://openrb.com/dali-rs485-gateway/ .
The have worked ok for a long time, but suddenly GW-1 stopped working.
It shows up in the interface, but none of the lamps connected to it responds.
Tried restarting the whole system, tried updating to the last FW on my reactor v3, but still dead.
All of the lights connected to the GW-2 works fine. Any suggestions how to trace the fault?

Both of the GW has the same 24V Power supply, as well as 18V PS for the DALI.
Both of them measures 15V Out to the DALI line....
I have also measured the voltage to be 15V on the dali line in the lamps, so no broken cable.
In my opinion, it looks like the gw is the problem.
Looks like a hardware issue. Run this code once and post what you get in Logs tab:
Code:
require('user.dali')
res, err = dalicmd(1, 'querystatus', { addrtype = 'short', address = 0 })
log(res, err)
(21.06.2021, 06:13)admin Wrote: Looks like a hardware issue. Run this code once and post what you get in Logs tab:
Code:
require('user.dali')
res, err = dalicmd(1, 'querystatus', { addrtype = 'short', address = 0 })
log(res, err)

* arg: 1
  * nil
* arg: 2
  * string: connection refused
Go to Scripting > User libraries, delete the Dali user library and reboot. See if the script works afterwards.
(21.06.2021, 06:17)admin Wrote: Go to Scripting > User libraries, delete the Dali user library and reboot. See if the script works afterwards.

* nil
  * string: timeout
This indicates that GW-1 is not responding. Try running the same script for GW-2, does it work?
Code:
require('user.dali')
res, err = dalicmd(2, 'querystatus', { addrtype = 'short', address = 0 })
log(res, err)
  * nil
  * string: reply timeout

I am not sure if i run the script correctly, but i created a new event-based script, pasted the code, and run i manually.
"reply timeout" means that the gateway sent the request to the DALI bus but there was not reply. This indicates that at least the RS-485 communication part on the GW-2 is working correctly. Check the RS-485 wiring for GW-1 and also check if the on-board LED turns on when the on-board button is pressed.
(21.06.2021, 06:39)admin Wrote: "reply timeout" means that the gateway sent the request to the DALI bus but there was not reply. This indicates that at least the RS-485 communication part on the GW-2 is working correctly. Check the RS-485 wiring for GW-1 and also check if the on-board LED turns on when the on-board button is pressed.

Hi!

Checked the wiring yesterday, From lm -> GW1 -> GW2 ok.
Tested the led, ok. works on both.
Maybe i should get a replacement gw? do you got in stock? DM me please Smile
Send us an e-mail please. The answer might take some time as office is closed this week due to public holidays.
Or can i use the internal gw on my reactor v3 for this?
You can but you need an external power supply for this. If the gateway power part is still working you can connect the DALI from the gateway to your Reactor.
(21.06.2021, 12:14)admin Wrote: Send us an e-mail please. The answer might take some time as office is closed this week due to public holidays.

Message sent Smile

(21.06.2021, 12:18)admin Wrote: You can but you need an external power supply for this. If the gateway power part is still working you can connect the DALI from the gateway to your Reactor.

Ok, i will try that.

Is there a way to backup the mapping of the lamps, or do i have to do all of the lamps again?
Run this once to move all ballasts mapped to GW-1 to the internal GW, reboot after running.
Code:
db:query('UPDATE dali_devices SET gateway=255 WHERE gateway=1')
Nice! Thanks Smile
Hello team
Can I use DALI 2 commands with the DALI-RS485-gateway?
best regards
Roger
You can only send raw 3 byte commands:
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=2737