This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

W4KNX, position of Sun (time)
Hello all,

I'm the new one and I'm using the W4KNX device as KNX gateway for ETS software only.
I don't have any weather station at the moment, but need to switch ON/OF the door lights in the late evening and early morning.

I found the fbeditor on the W4KNX device and tried to use block "position of Sun (time)". This blocks provides sunset and sunrise times, which I could use.
Unfortunately the time is in decimal format (example 7:30min -> 7:50) , and this time has data type 14 byte ASCII string (orther types don't provide any values). How to get sunrise time and sunset time as "normal  3 byte time" ?

And second question about this script:
Change the Scheduled program time parameters dynamically from visualization
I add this user function in to user function library. As soon as this script is running I see following errors:

Resident script:1: attempt to call global 'scheduler' (a nil value)
stack traceback:

Lss100100 firmware v2.70

Please advise. Best regards.
(06.12.2022, 19:59)eurosting Wrote: Hello all,

I'm the new one and I'm using the W4KNX device as KNX gateway for ETS software only.
I don't have any weather station at the moment, but need to switch ON/OF the door lights in the late evening and early morning.

I found the fbeditor on the W4KNX device and tried to use block "position of Sun (time)". This blocks provides sunset and sunrise times, which I could use.
Unfortunately the time is in decimal format (example 7:30min -> 7:50) , and this time has data type 14 byte ASCII string (orther types don't provide any values). How to get sunrise time and sunset time as "normal  3 byte time" ?

And second question about this script:
Change the Scheduled program time parameters dynamically from visualization
I add this user function in to user function library. As soon as this script is running I see following errors:

Resident script:1: attempt to call global 'scheduler' (a nil value)
stack traceback:

Lss100100 firmware v2.70

Please advise. Best regards.
Hi,
Use a simple schedule and add event on at the sun down and a off event on the sun rise. You can adjust the event time.
Remember to set up time, date and your position.
Best regards Cristian

(06.12.2022, 20:58)CristianAgata Wrote: Hi,
Use a simple schedule and add event on at the sun down and a off event on the sun rise. You can adjust the event time.
Best regards Cristian

Hi, the schedule offers only to set the day (of vacation), there is no setting for time or sunset.
(07.12.2022, 20:17)eurosting Wrote:
(06.12.2022, 20:58)CristianAgata Wrote: Hi,
Best regards Cristian

Hi, the schedule offers only to set the day (of vacation), there is no setting for time or sunset.

Hi, this is the app, or better in LM it is..... In the setting is there the folder scheduled? I can set in this part.
Let me know.
BR Cristian

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks, I found this setting now. I need to create a schedule first, then I get new options to set events.