This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Use Apple Airtag instead of Rfid tag
Hello,

Now i have a LM with an 1-wire rfid reader RF9092L2A-M12-13.56 to read my 13.56mhz rfid tags to do some stuff (open doors / disable alarms).

But now i like to use an Airtag to disable my alarm. Is there a reader thats i can use with my LM? or maybe another solution is to use the BLE option in the airtag?

Anyone some advice?
(27.07.2023, 14:05)gjniewenhuijse Wrote: Hello,

Now i have a LM with an 1-wire rfid reader RF9092L2A-M12-13.56 to read my 13.56mhz rfid tags to do some stuff (open doors / disable alarms).

But now i like to use an Airtag to disable my alarm. Is there a reader thats i can use with my LM? or maybe another solution is to use the BLE option in the airtag?

Anyone some advice?

Google is your best friend Smile
https://www.google.com/search?q=use+airtag+to+open+door

Use Automation on your iPhone and choose NFC tag to create an automation. Next you can get the info of an url. This url should be the remote protocol from your LM where you can write some value to some group address. Also you can use this automation with Siri.
(28.07.2023, 13:55)Joep Wrote:

Anyone some advice?

Google is your best friend Smile
https://www.google.com/search?q=use+airtag+to+open+door

Use Automation on your iPhone and choose NFC tag to create an automation. Next you can get the info of an url. This url should be the remote protocol from your LM where you can write some value to some group address. Also you can use this automation with Siri.

I know that way to make an automation in IOS. But thats not what i want. I have an airtag with my keys and like to put that in front of a reader thats in my house.

Anyone some advice?

I got the same rfid reader as you do, but nothing happens when I connect it to my Reactor IO v2, am I missing something?
[Image: EfARRQA.png]
The reader itself won't be visible in the device list. Only when an RFID is read a temporary device will appear. The ID of this device will contain the read RFID ID.
You can poll the device list via a script. Adjust the polling time as needed.
Code:
require('ow')
list = ow.list()
log(list)
(20.09.2023, 06:07)admin Wrote: The reader itself won't be visible in the device list. Only when an RFID is read a temporary device will appear. The ID of this device will contain the read RFID ID.
You can poll the device list via a script. Adjust the polling time as needed.
Code:
require('ow')
list = ow.list()
log(list)

Thanks a lot, it got me started.

Now i got an ID: 01.CE6371690000
And it shows up in the 1-Wire tab, but when i click it it says: "Configuration for this device family is not implemented yet"
How do I use that info in combination with Groupaddresses?
You need to create a resident script that executes ow.list() every second or so. Then you can perform required action when a device with a given ID is present or not.
(20.09.2023, 12:51)admin Wrote: You need to create a resident script that executes ow.list() every second or so. Then you can perform required action when a device with a given ID is present or not.

A bit out of my comfort zone Smile
Do you have any example code, in that direction to get me started?
(20.09.2023, 15:03)Novodk Wrote:
(20.09.2023, 12:51)admin Wrote: You need to create a resident script that executes ow.list() every second or so. Then you can perform required action when a device with a given ID is present or not.

Hello Novodk.

This is resident script for you.

Code:
require('ow')

function findDifferences(list, prev_list)
  local new_ids = {}
  local removed_ids = {}

-- Check for new IDs
  if list then
    for id, _ in pairs(list) do
      if not prev_list or not prev_list[id] then
        table.insert(new_ids, id)
      end
    end
  end

-- Check for removed IDs
  if prev_list then
    for id, _ in pairs(prev_list) do
      if not list[id] then
        table.insert(removed_ids, id)
      end
    end
  end

return new_ids, removed_ids
end

list = ow.list()

local new_ids, removed_ids = findDifferences(list, prev_list)

if #new_ids > 0 then
  log("New IDs:")
  for _, id in ipairs(new_ids) do
    log(id, list[id])
  end
end

if #removed_ids > 0 then
  log("Removed IDs:")
  for _, id in ipairs(removed_ids) do
    log(id, prev_list[id])
  end
end

prev_list = list
(22.09.2023, 06:31)RomansP Wrote:
(20.09.2023, 15:03)Novodk Wrote:

Hello Novodk.

This is resident script for you.

Code:
require('ow')

local new_ids = {}
  local removed_ids = {}

-- Check for new IDs
  if list then
      end
    end
  end

-- Check for removed IDs
  if prev_list then
      if not list[id] then
      end
    end
  end

end

list = ow.list()

if #new_ids > 0 then
    log(id, list[id])
  end
end

if #removed_ids > 0 then
    log(id, prev_list[id])
  end
end

prev_list = list

Thank you RomansP
Is it correct that the script adds the rfid tag ID to a table and after a short time it removes it again?
[Image: 5U9xe0L.png]

If that is the case, how do I use the information from that table?
You need to create a group objects that controls your door lock (the group name is 'open' in this example), then add the id (the variable open_lock is for this purposes), then each time you will scan the device it will opens the door. In the same style you can add more different id for different group objects. (After changes do not forget to disable/enable the resident script)

Code:
require('ow')

local new_ids = {}
  local removed_ids = {}

-- Check for new IDs
  if list then
      end
    end
  end

-- Check for removed IDs
  if prev_list then
      if not list[id] then
      end
    end
  end

end

local temperat_sens = "28.DBCA83050000"
local open_lock = "01.CE6371690000" -- your id to open door lock

list = ow.list()

if #new_ids > 0 then
    log(id, list[id])
    if list[id] == temperat_sens then
      grp.write('temperat', true)
    elseif list[id] == open_lock then
      grp.write('open', true) -- your object that controls door lock
    end
  end
end

if #removed_ids > 0 then
    log(id, prev_list[id])
  end
end

prev_list = list
please don't steal my topic Smile

The original question:
Hello,
Now i have a LM with an 1-wire rfid reader RF9092L2A-M12-13.56 to read my 13.56mhz rfid tags to do some stuff (open doors / disable alarms).
Anyone some advice?
AirTags have Bluetooth but the address changes constantly for privacy reasons so it's not possible to use this way. There's another solution but it requires having a Mac constantly on to proxy data: https://github.com/MartinPham/FindMySync
Do we have a LUA function to calculate the MAC when having the IRK (identity resolving key)?