This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Store value
Hello, 

I have been testing some basic scripting with the use of helpers on the left. I tried to make a script to store a value from 0-100%, and get that value after 10 seconds. But on the storage.get value I dont recieve any updated value from the storage. I see that in the description there must be a specific value? Does that mean that I cant store a value between 0-100? 

Code:
-- set storage variable myobjectdata to a specified value (e.g. 0-100%)
storage.set('32/1/1', 0-100)
-- wait for 10 seconds
os.sleep(10)
-- mydata will be set nil when data was not found
Forrigetime = storage.get('32/1/11')
You don't need to use storage in a single script, you can simply use variables:
Code:
value = 10
os.sleep(10)
log(value) -- will log 10

Your script does not work because you have two different storage keys (32/1/1 and 32/1/11). If you want to work with objects/group addresses then you need to use grp.write()/grp.update() to write values and grp.getvalue() to retrieve them.
(24.10.2023, 07:49)admin Wrote: You don't need to use storage in a single script, you can simply use variables:
Code:
value = 10
os.sleep(10)
log(value) -- will log 10

Your script does not work because you have two different storage keys (32/1/1 and 32/1/11). If you want to work with objects/group addresses then you need to use grp.write()/grp.update() to write values and grp.getvalue() to retrieve them.

Thank you!