This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

LM RESET ON BLACKOUT
Lately we happen to encounter the partial or complete loss of the project uploaded on LMs (light and Reactor) and Schneider wiser. 

It has happened several times during power outages on machines not powered by UPS. 

If I'm not mistaken, it should be written to flash memory every half hour or by pressing the "synchronize project" key.

In at least one case, we experienced a TOTAL loss: as if the machine had been reset to factory conditions. 

In another case, we lost an entire day of work, NOT the last half hour. 

How is this possible and what causes it and, above all, is it possible to make it more reliable?

Thanks

Peppe
Make sure you have the latest firmware installed: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...0#pid31120
(31.10.2023, 10:16)admin Wrote: Make sure you have the latest firmware installed: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...0#pid31120

The latest firmware is in installed in all of them.
Did you have a single power outage or several in a row?
I noticed just one event of power outage causes lost of data.
Another LM completely reset after a blackout! 

This time the firmware was not the most recent, but 20230307. 

The interesting thing is that he lost everything (objects, pages, etc.), except the project on Mosaic. 

Have you had the opportunity to do some tests on this unpleasant inconvenience? 

We need to know if something can be done or we have to necessarily put the LM under UPS and hope it never fails. 

I await your kind reply. 

Thank you 

Peppe
(21.11.2023, 08:56)gdimaria Wrote: Another LM completely reset after a blackout! 

The interesting thing is that he lost everything (objects, pages, etc.), except the project on Mosaic. 

We need to know if something can be done or we have to necessarily put the LM under UPS and hope it never fails. 

I await your kind reply. 

Thank you 

Peppe

This particular firmware had a bug with such outcome. Make sure all LMs are up to date.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(21.11.2023, 08:58)Daniel Wrote:
(21.11.2023, 08:56)gdimaria Wrote: Another LM completely reset after a blackout! 

I await your kind reply. 

Thank you 

Peppe

This particular firmware had a bug with such outcome. Make sure all LMs are up to date.

as already explainded, it happens with the last firmware too.
Hi, I have LM5 Lite (i.MX6) and FW:20230607

There have been several outages in a row and the LM is empty, only the mosaic remains.

Memory is still used at 9%. Restarting didn't help, uploading FW 20230607 again didn't help.

I don't have backup Sad

Is it at least possible to fix scripts and scenes?

thank you for any help Huh
I'm afraid nothing can be done. In an unlucky event when LM tries to save project and if power failure happen during this time the data can get corrupted. The SQL db has checks for corruption and if this is reported it will be discarded.
The best idea is to use an ups to prevent such situation. Having a backup is a must.
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
thanks for the reply, I'll start again.

next time one will be smarter...Smile