This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Reset KNX device without ETS
Hello,

I have a little question. How can I reset KNX device without ETS. E.g. is there a possibility to send via LM such commands like on this screenshot from ETS? (reset Busch Prion via ETS)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(21.12.2016, 15:51)buuuudzik Wrote: Hello,

I have a little question. How can I reset KNX device without ETS. E.g. is there a possibility to send via LM such commands like on this screenshot from ETS? (reset Busch Prion via ETS)

I would very much like to know too.
Does anyone have a solution to this?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who can read binary and those who don't  Cool
(08.03.2018, 09:43)Trond Hoyem Wrote:
(21.12.2016, 15:51)buuuudzik Wrote: Hello,

I would very much like to know too.
Does anyone have a solution to this?

Me too but I dont think its possible, only ping a physical address:-(
Not possible in current firmware but we might add this feature to new release.
I would also be interested in such a feature...
This feature will be available in the next version Smile
Code:
knxlib.restart('1.1.100')
NiceWink
Done is better than perfect
(16.03.2018, 10:17)admin Wrote: This feature will be available in the next version Smile
Code:

Like  Big Grin
Hi,

I’m suprised on how many users want this feature, i never have to restart a device and never hear any customer about it. So my questions are: Why do you need it and is this brand related?

BR,

Erwin
(17.03.2018, 07:53)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

I’m suprised on how many users want this feature, i never have to restart a device and never hear any customer about it. So my questions are: Why do you need it and is this brand related?

BR,

Erwin

If I know that there is some function which could be useful in the future for remote commissioning and it is not very hard to develop I try to develop it or submit it to someone who can.

Reset(or disconnecting the KNX cable) was useful for me very rarely only for Busch Prion with TFT which sometimes after restart after programming not load its program and it must be restarted to try again. But this is only when some device has complex program and if it has program after update which can have some bugs. Having some feature is better than not having it and has a client which stays in front of nice TFT button which is not fully loaded and you cannot do nothingWink

I also seen on trades other touch panels with android and I saw that they are also not so stable like simple pushbutton that I think that it's good to have possibility to restart itWink

This is very, very rarely and happily KNX and LM are very reliable devicesSmile
Done is better than perfect
I am using Zennio KLIC-DA interfaces for Daikin Altherma heat pumps.
This interface is supposed to be able to read the energy consumption and production of the heat pump. I discovered that these readings only took place after using the control panel on the heat pump which is of course not the idea of Smart Home...
Zennio were unaware of this because they always tested their system in combination with the control panel...
I filed a ticket with Zennio and this issue was referred to their engineering department. However, after eight months they have not produced an update of their ETS application program...

I discovered that when I reset the device it would read the energy values, so this seemed a good intermediate solution. Further testing however revealed that resetting the interface caused the heat pump to switch off or revert to cooling instead of heating...

I also have had occasions with Basalte Auro movement sensors that would get 'stuck' and needing a reset...
Hi
What other KNX functions are going to be implemented in knxlib interface?
I know there's ping knxlib.ping('phys_address')
LM5Lp, firmware: 2018.08.22 and 2021.12.15, FlashSYS v2, ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l), kernel 4.4.151 and 4.4.259
readbusvoltage(addr) - returns bus voltage read from a given phys. address
isconnected() - returns true when KNX is connected, false otherwise
getstats() - returns Lua table with KNX/IP and KNX/TP telegram stats
looks good to me :-)

I would also like to be able to do the "Dev info read with group addresses" that ETS can do. Though I'm just greedy for features :-)

BR,

Erwin

I agree, this could be the beginning of the end...

Marcello

BR,

Erwin

It is for diagnostics.
And lets say you do some changes to the DALI lights and download the DALI GW, Then maybe some lights are on, some are off, but the PIR has already sent the ON-command and will not send a new one until the timer runs out and it then detects a new movement. 
To correct this, one can reset the PIR, and if you have a script doing this, you only need to push a button to achieve it. Although, it has become more easy to do in ETS now than it was before...
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who can read binary and those who don't  Cool

BR,

Erwin
Hi 
I want to reset knx device because some one creat the bcu key in ets for give extra monay from customer
Hi,

A reset is only a restart if the device, as far as i know a BCU key can only be removed by sending the device back to the manufacturer.

Upcomming KNX data secure will have the same consequences..

Sorry but this is how KNX organization has defined the standards.

BR,

Erwin
(16.03.2018, 10:17)admin Wrote: This feature will be available in the next version Smile
Code:

Where can I find this version? I upgraded to the version posted here; https://openrb.com/firmwares/

B
ut when I use this code in the LM I get the following error:

User script:24: attempt to call field 'restart' (a nil value)

I have used the code in SL several times, but this is first time in LM.
Try RC1: https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthread.php?tid=2313