This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Data type set
Hi all,
I have a dummy group address with the data type to switch to enable some automation on HomeKit.
When trying to write a 1 on the bus it sends a 00 64 with the data type 9.*-byte float value and I cannot enable the switch.
Can anyone tell me how to send DTP switch information (0/1 or ON/OFF)?
I am using this line
grp.write('12/0/4', 1)

I can switch it off with grp.write('12/0/4', 0) but not switch it on.

Thanks!
Does this object has correct datatype set?
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
(07.08.2024, 13:28)Daniel Wrote: Does this object has correct datatype set?

Yes
Enable log and manually send on/off and see the logs.
Ctrl+F5
(07.08.2024, 13:36)Daniel Wrote: Enable log and manually send on/off and see the logs.

I have just realised that the proper datatype was set in ETS but not synced with LM. I have changed the datatype on LM and everything works. Why do I have to do that? I assumed that was automatically synched.
Thanks!!
Objects are only 'synced' during KNX project import but this depends. If a object already exists in LM then it will not be updated unless you select: Update existing objects:
LM has Bus sniffer and once connected to bus it will start adding objects if telegrams are sent on the bus. Such object will not be updated during ETS project import if Update existing objects: is not selected.
Ctrl+F5
(07.08.2024, 14:13)Daniel Wrote: Objects are only 'synced' during KNX project import but this depends. If a object already exists in LM then it will not be updated unless you select: Update existing objects:
LM has Bus sniffer and once connected to bus it will start adding objects if telegrams are sent on the bus. Such object will not be updated during ETS project import if Update existing objects: is not selected.

Thanks for the explanation. All clear now!