This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

hotel project
Hello, 
what do you recommend me to do an access control for hotel clients? Is there an LM compatible component for card recording? I hope you can guide me a little towards how to direct this project ... Smile
Hi,

We as Schneider are using Ecostruxure Security Expert to do this, this is not a KNX based solution, we integrate this to our BMS with our SmartConnector (SOAP webservices integration), and usually i recommand to use that.

If you want a full KNX solution you might want to look at https://www.eelectron.com/en/products/access-control/, in the past we branded this product as a Schneider KNX solution but we stopped the partnership due to not enough pull through of the product, however its a nice solution and i even integrated it direct to our Wiser for KNX including the card management (:

BR,

Erwin
(20.06.2020, 15:10)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

We as Schneider are using Ecostruxure Security Expert to do this, this is not a KNX based solution, we integrate this to our BMS with our SmartConnector (SOAP webservices integration), and usually i recommand to use that.

If you want a full KNX solution you might want to look at https://www.eelectron.com/en/products/access-control/, in the past we branded this product as a Schneider KNX solution but we stopped the partnership due to not enough pull through of the product, however its a nice solution and i even integrated it direct to our Wiser for KNX including the card management (:

BR,

Erwin

Hi Erwin, how did you manage the 10 bytes objects?
Hi,

Just use the 250 byte object, it acts as a RAW DPT, The object sends value in length of entered value, so if you fill in 3 bytes and monitor the value in the ETS you will see a 3 byte value, when sending a value of 10 bytes lenght you will see a 10 byte value in the ETS monitor, same counts for received values.

BR,

Erwin
(23.06.2020, 06:26)Erwin van der Zwart Wrote: Hi,

Just use the 250 byte object, it acts as a RAW DPT, The object sends value in length of entered value, so if you fill in 3 bytes and monitor the value in the ETS you will see a 3 byte value, when sending a value of 10 bytes lenght you will see a 10 byte value in the ETS monitor, same counts for received values.

BR,

Erwin

could send me a example in pvt ? how is the encoding of the 10 bytes object?
Hi,

Do you refer to the 10 byte value of the access control reader?

If yes i can give you a user lib with the function to decode it without the source, i have the decoding protocol but is under NDA.

BR,

Erwin
YES... thank you
how do you encode the card? with the usb reader?
Normally you do this with Esuite, it’s possible from USB but far from practical as the reader should be connected to the usb port of the controller, during card creation there will be a 10 byte sended to the readers but you also need to send removal telegrams to the readers when dates are expired, i would not recommand to do this without a software suite..

I created the script to arrange this for small projects with a few doors and mostly static cards, for a hotel with high dynamic cards you need the software in my opinion..

BR,

Erwin
We have 4 our project with esuite ( B&B with 5 rooms ) and 1 schneider project with 82 apartments.
Now we start another project in Venice with 125 rooms, always with esuit.

i would like to test the script only for the door of my office!!! I don't want to test with customers...

BR
Marco
In my opinion, it would be beneficial to implement the OSDP RS485 (secure mode) protocol into LM.

To open the lock I would use a flush mount actor with 1 relay and 3 Digital inputs for status (Tamper, door open, Door locked)