This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

Question on Daikin DIII net protocol
Hi there
I'm using Daikin Modbus module (DTA116A621) with LM3 for home AC control. 
The profile provided by the engineer is as below: 

{
  "manufacturer": "Embedded Systems",
  "description": "DAIKN-DTA116A621",
  "mapping": [ 

{ "name": "on_off_status_00",  "bus_datatype": "bool",    "type": "inputregister",  "address": 2000,  "value_bitmask":0x0001},
    { "name": "set_temp_status_00", "bus_datatype": "float16",  "type": "inputregister",  "address": 2002,  "value_multiplier": 0.1,  "units": "C"  },
    { "name": "act_temp_status_00", "bus_datatype": "float16",  "type": "inputregister",  "address": 2004,  "value_multiplier": 0.1,  "units": "C"  },
    { "name": "on_off_00",          "bus_datatype": "bool",    "type": "register", "writable": 1, "write_only": true,  "value_base": -4352,  "value_multiplier": 1,    "address": 2000},
    { "name": "set_fan_00",        "bus_datatype": "uint8",    "type": "register", "writable": 1, "write_only": true, "value_base": 0.45684814453125, "value_multiplier": 0.0001220703125, "address": 2000},
    { "name": "set_mode_00",        "bus_datatype": "uint8",    "type": "register", "writable": 1, "write_only": true, "address": 2001 },
    { "name": "set_temp_00",        "bus_datatype": "float16",  "type": "register", "writable": 1, "write_only": true, "value_multiplier": 0.1, "address": 2002, "units": "C"},

in reality the fan-speed control does not work properly - it does not change in consistence with the setup on user interface (ABB wall-mount sensor control), and in certain speed settings (esp at low speed) the fan makes troubling noises

just wondering how the value-base and value-multiplier are calculated and chosen in this case, and how i can make changes to make the setup work right.
i also attached Daikin's protocol below

thanks in advance

Wang
You forgot to attach a file.
The profile won't work correctly because a single register controls several different values. You will need a script similar to this to combine object values into a single register value:
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...9#pid15619
(04.06.2020, 06:09)admin Wrote: You forgot to attach a file.
The profile won't work correctly because a single register controls several different values. You will need a script similar to this to combine object values into a single register value:
https://forum.logicmachine.net/showthrea...9#pid15619

sorry here is the attachment.

I looked at the script - does it mean i need to read out the value from the input register and then write it back to the holding register? 

how should i embed the script into the project? - sorry i'm not very skillful at this.
thanks again

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You need to modify the profile to allow raw value to be written to the control register.
Code:
{ "name": "on_off_status_00", "bus_datatype": "bool", "type": "inputregister", "address": 2000, "value_bitmask": 0x0001},
{ "name": "set_temp_status_00", "bus_datatype": "float16", "type": "inputregister", "address": 2002, "value_multiplier": 0.1, "units": "C" },
{ "name": "act_temp_status_00", "bus_datatype": "float16", "type": "inputregister", "address": 2004, "value_multiplier": 0.1, "units": "C" },
{ "name": "control_00", "bus_datatype": "uint16", "type": "register", "writable": 1, "write_only": true, "address": 2000 },
{ "name": "set_mode_00", "bus_datatype": "uint8", "type": "register", "writable": 1, "write_only": true, "address": 2001 },
{ "name": "set_temp_00", "bus_datatype": "float16", "type": "register", "writable": 1, "write_only": true, "value_multiplier": 0.1, "address": 2002, "units": "C"},

You will also need 3 objects: on/off (bool), fan direction (1 byte unsigned), fan volume (either bool or 1 byte unsigned depending on 2 or 3 step fan)
All objects must have the same tag assigned to them, then you need to create an event script attached to this tag.

Change group addresses as needed, 1/1/4 is the group that is mapped to control register of ModBus device.
Code:
onoff = grp.getvalue('1/1/1') and 1 or 0
direction = grp.getvalue('1/1/2')
volume = grp.getvalue('1/1/3')

if direction > 7 or direction == 5 then
  direction = 6
end

if type(volume) == 'boolean' then
  volume = volume and 1 or 5
elseif volume ~= 1 and volume ~= 3 and volume ~= 5 then
  volume = 1
end

value = bit.bor(
  onoff,
  bit.lshift(6, 4),
  bit.lshift(direction, 8),
  bit.lshift(volume, 12)
)

grp.update('1/1/4', value)
(04.06.2020, 08:00)thank you very muchwhen i tried this, i got error message on scripting - cannot open User script: No such file or directory stack traceback: why is this happening? admin Wrote: You need to modify the profile to allow raw value to be written to the control register.
Code:
{ "name": "on_off_status_00", "bus_datatype": "bool", "type": "inputregister", "address": 2000, "value_bitmask": 0x0001},
{ "name": "set_temp_status_00", "bus_datatype": "float16", "type": "inputregister", "address": 2002, "value_multiplier": 0.1, "units": "C" },
{ "name": "act_temp_status_00", "bus_datatype": "float16", "type": "inputregister", "address": 2004, "value_multiplier": 0.1, "units": "C" },
{ "name": "control_00", "bus_datatype": "uint16", "type": "register", "writable": 1, "write_only": true, "address": 2000 },
{ "name": "set_mode_00", "bus_datatype": "uint8", "type": "register", "writable": 1, "write_only": true, "address": 2001 },
{ "name": "set_temp_00", "bus_datatype": "float16", "type": "register", "writable": 1, "write_only": true, "value_multiplier": 0.1, "address": 2002, "units": "C"},

You will also need 3 objects: on/off (bool), fan direction (1 byte unsigned), fan volume (either bool or 1 byte unsigned depending on 2 or 3 step fan)
All objects must have the same tag assigned to them, then you need to create an event script attached to this tag.

Change group addresses as needed, 1/1/4 is the group that is mapped to control register of ModBus device.
Code:
onoff = grp.getvalue('1/1/1') and 1 or 0
direction = grp.getvalue('1/1/2')
volume = grp.getvalue('1/1/3')

if direction > 7 or direction == 5 then
  direction = 6
end

if type(volume) == 'boolean' then
  volume = volume and 1 or 5
elseif volume ~= 1 and volume ~= 3 and volume ~= 5 then
  volume = 1
end

value = bit.bor(
  onoff,
  bit.lshift(6, 4),
  bit.lshift(direction, 8),
  bit.lshift(volume, 12)
)

grp.update('1/1/4', value)
Which firmware version? Try saving the script again.
Hi!

Does anyone have the profile for Daikin DIII running properly? I'm trying to implement it but I'm having some trouble.

Thanks.
(28.12.2021, 05:21)andrepneves@gmail.com Wrote: Hi!

Does anyone have the profile for Daikin DIII running properly? I'm trying to implement it but I'm having some trouble.

Thanks.

Same case here. I need to control 61 devices with this DIII - Modbus RTU gateway: Modbus Interface DIII EKMBDXB7V1 

Is there any progress on this? Thank you!