This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm that you accept these cookies being set.

[OLD] LogicMachine firmware 2022 RC1
(17.01.2023, 08:04)admin Wrote: Downgrade is not supported. To install older firmware you need to use recovery image. You will also need a backup made from an older version.

Ok. Regarding the panels, will I have any solution? So far I have never had any kind of problems with these android panels and I'm already worried...  Confused
Does the screen have play store access?
------------------------------
Ctrl+F5
Add this to Custom JavaScript:
Code:
function cwarn1(msg) { alert(msg); }
function cwarn2(msg, arg) { alert(msg + ' ' + String(arg)); }

Then try changing object values, see if you get an alert pop-up with an error message.
(17.01.2023, 08:03)davidchispas Wrote:
(16.01.2023, 16:41)admin Wrote: Which Android version do these panels have?

I'm not 100% sure but I think android 6.

I have tried to install the previous firm in LM and it gives an error. Can't go back? The same error message is displayed

I just checked tablet wit Android 6.0.1 and it works fine. What do you use to see visu? Browser, a app?
Ctrl+F5
During the wait I have been carrying out tests and I have seen the message where you asked to enable "Allow external resources (JS/CSS)". On the screen that I have this has worked, I have to go to the installation to verify that it also works on the rest of the screens.

Is this feature advisable to have it enabled or not?

I don't have play store.

It is a screen with a web browser, where I have created an apk application, which launches with the browser directly to the visu page.
All security options are advised to be left at the default state. But you can change them if your device does not work otherwise.
i have a visu problem since the upgrade:
- unresponsive to inputs in visualization mode (GA), whereas it is responsive in layout mode and to links to other plans in visualization mode (iOS and safari browser).

did a reboot, empty cache and "allow external resources"

any idea ? would have to downgrade and reflash...
Does this happen from the start or only when the you switch between apps in iOS or wake the devices from sleep? There's a known bug in latest iOS where the connection is silently dropped without any indication. We will release new firmware with a work-around for this soon.
(21.01.2023, 13:41)chrigi Wrote: i have a visu problem since the upgrade:
- unresponsive to inputs in visualization mode (GA), whereas it is responsive in layout mode and to links to other plans in visualization mode (iOS and safari browser).

did a reboot, empty cache and "allow external resources"

any idea ? would have to downgrade and reflash...

Check for any errors in the browser console.
Ctrl+F5
I've installed the 20221205 Firmware on my LM5 Lite + Ext (i.MX6) but my whole project is gone... I've tried several times to upload my backup but the project is still lost :-(

That is an catastrophe ... :-(

EDIT: SD-Card Recovery and Restore Backup helps... 2h later I'm back on 20211215
@Habib, can you send your backup via PM?
@admin
You have an PM :-)

Would be nice to know, if I can try now the new 2023 RC1 with my setup
Thanks for the backup. This is an edge case. One of the database tables has a partially broken index. The data is intact but the database integrity check fails because of this so you get an empty project.
What you can try is to run this script once then sync the project and perform the upgrade.
Code:
db:execute('REINDEX')
@admin
Thank you very much for your commitment. I took your advice and reduced the size of the project. I also ran the script and intentionally installed the previously failed update 221215 first. This time it worked as expected and then I installed the current 2023 RC1. This also seems to have worked well.

The new backup has a size of 11MB in ZIP format. Would this still be portable?
New firmwares are using backups in ZIP format with optional password/encryption. This new format won't work with older firmwares but you can still restore old format backups on newer firmwares.
it happend from the start. another reboot and unchecking/checking "Allow external resources (JS/CSS)" did it.

but there is another problem: resident scripts normally do keep variables in memory between calls, also after changes to the script. now, every change causes the script to lose the content of variables, just like event scripts do between calls. changes in the script however are preserved after closing and reopening a script (unlike with SD card read/write problems).
This is a deliberate change. After saving a resident script is fully restarted now.
i see. i preferred disable and enable to achieve this. the old behaviour was convenient for testing scripts that build up some data.
there is probably another issue in this context: since the update i occasionally get "comparison with nil values" in several of the resident scripts, where the nil variables have been read many times before by the same resident script (grp.getvalue...) causing odd behaviour because some of these variables have to be calculated in a different way on first call. these GAs are even conserved with a backup and restore. i have no idea, why they should get lost every 100 or 1000 calls. there was no reboot inbetween and the script has not been dis-/enabled. i have 2 LM machines, it seems the same on both (one has the latest, the other one RC1 2022 firmware).

ps: what happens after an error with a resident script, e.g. after a comparison with nil value ? does the script fully restart and lose the values of the variables ? in the versions before, it kept the variables.
If there's a runtime error in a script it will continue executing the loop again. So the variable values will be kept.
Can you provide remote access to your LM via ZeroTier to check this grp.getvalue issue?